BFA Maintainers Award
The BFA Maintainers Award recognizes long-standing individual contributions in the maintenance, service and repair of hot air balloons.
The nominee/applicant must meet the following qualifications:
- Must hold an FAA repairman certificate. A&P/IA certificate holders are not eligible unless employed by an FAA Air Agency certificate holder with a limited airframe rating.
- Have a minimum of 25 years of civil or military maintenance experience.
- No certificate revocations on record.
- Demonstrated recency/currency of experience/training:
- Documented attendance at factory maintenance seminars, and
- Evidence of completion of in-house training conducted as required by the air agency certificate employed under, or online training completed through mechanisms such as Aerolearn, MyFAA, FAASafety Team, etc.
- Participation in William O’Brian AMY Awards program (per FAA AC 65-25)
Complete credential/proof of qualification must be provided at the time of award application for review and verification/vetting. All applications must be submitted by August 15 for consideration. Awards will be presented at the Annual General Meeting by the current BFA President unless otherwise decided by the Board.