2022 BFA Junior Balloonist Camp
Online Camp Registration opens - Camp Registration requires a $100 Camp Registration fee to hold your spot in camp. This fee is nonrefundable unless selected camp has reached capacity.
Youth who have not attended a BFA Junior Balloonist Camp have priority acceptance.
Campers who have attended BFA Junior Balloonist Camp in previous years but are registering for a different camp location will be given priority acceptance at that location
All campers will be considered for camp acceptance at any camp location given space and payment of registration fee.
Beginning on March 22, campers will be informed of their registration status. Any campers that register after this date will be informed of status as space is verified.
Beginning on April 15, campers will be informed of scholarship status. All campers who have camp tuition balance due, will be invoiced.
Full camp tuition due or spot in camp may be forfeited
NOTE: Albuquerque camp is FULL.
Secondary Guardian Info
Secondary contact person for camper
Camper Residence Infomation
Ballooning Mentor Info
If someone inspired you to get involved in ballooning, let us know!
I have read and agree to abide by the COVID-19 policies as listed on the BFA website for the BFA Junior Balloonist Summer Camp. I understand that all camps will update their policies with the most current state and local restrictions. Camp Directors will inform campers and guardians of these changes as they occur.
Every effort will be made to accommodate campers with disabilities. The ability to accommodate these campers will depend on individual camp locations and volunteer staff and their specific ability to provide a safe and rewarding camp experience for all. These situations will be handled on a case-by-case basis through discussion with the individual Camp Director and the BFA Youth Chair.
Please list below any dietary restrictions, allergies or physical limitations that could affect your participation in Camp.
The attendee and/or the listed Guardian hereby grant the Balloon Federation of America and BFA Junior Balloonist Camp (Listed Entities) the right to take photographs, videos and/or audio recording of the Guardian, the attendee and/or their family, and further grant the Listed Entities and their assignees and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically without any compensation in connection with the above-identified event, including for example such purposes, but not limited to publicity, illustration, advertising, social media, associated websites and web content.
I have read and understand the above release and waiver.
Tuition Payment Status
To reserve your place in camp, a $100 nonrefundable registration fee is due at this time. If you are sending a check, your registration is not confirmed until the deposit is received.
Full and partial scholarships are available.
The Balloon Federation of America grants a limited number of national, partial, and full scholarships for youth attending BFA Junior Balloonist camps. In addition, many local balloon clubs and service organizations provide varying levels of scholarships for campers. Contact balloonists in your area to see if local scholarships are available. If you wish to apply for a national scholarship see below.
CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
If paying by check, please SKIP this section.
Scholarship Application Process - Must be received by April 1
Campers must pay camp registration fee to be considered for a scholarship.
The Balloon Federation of America grants a limited number of national, partial, and full scholarships for youth attending BFA Junior Balloonist camps. In addition, many local balloon clubs and service organizations provide varying levels of scholarships for campers. Contact balloonists in your area to see if local scholarships are available.
If you wish to apply for a national scholarship these are the requirements.
- Campers must pay the nonrefundable camp registration fee to be considered for a scholarship.
- Campers must write a 200-500 word essay on one of the following topics.
- Why do you want to attend a BFA Junior Balloonist Balloon Camp?
- What does the sport of ballooning mean to you?
- Email completed essay toYouthPrograms@BFA.net with the name of the camper and the camp location attending by April 1.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a non-family member. This can be someone associated with ballooning or a teacher, coach or other adult familiar with the camper. This letter should be sent to YouthPrograms@BFA.net with the name of the camper and camp location attending by April 1.
- Essays and letter of recommendation must be received by April 1 to be considered for scholarship award.
- Any additional applications and scholarships received after April 1 will be awarded based on need, requirements met and timeliness of application.
- Camp Directors will inform campers of their scholarship status around April 15.
- If a camper completes the application process as written and no scholarship is available and they cannot find other means of paying for camp, the BFA Youth Chair will consider a refund of the camp registration fee.
- Campers receiving scholarships will be required to write a thank you during camp.
Questions – Email us here at YouthPrograms@BFA.net